Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A totally normal, run-of-the-mill night as a grad student

I just wanted to document exactly what's happening right now. This is a snapshot into the life of a grad student. (Okay, maybe not your average grad student, but MY life as a grad student).

It's 10pm. I'm sitting in the blanket fort I made eating Cadbury mini eggs out of a fannypack (why are there eggs in a fannypack? Fannypacks have zippers and can therefore be closed, while Cadbury egg bags are not closable without a chip clip, which I didn't readily have. I DID readily have a fannypack. The solution was logical). There is a half-written lab report I'm working on, but it's minimized and the main window is open to a Buzzfeed quiz in which I'm finding out which John Hughes movie I should watch based on my zodiac sign (Breakfast Club, hell yeah). Another window features an article called "Did Beyonce Get Upstaged by Hamburger Helper?" which has a GREAT mixtape all about... you guessed it: Hamburger Helper.

I had one of those moments where you suddenly look at yourself objectively and realize how truly WEIRD the scene is. What the heck am I doing? Gotta write this lab report. Gotta get more than an hour of sleep. Gotta survive grad school.

Check it out, I'm seriously jamming: https://soundcloud.com/hamburgerhelper/sets/watch-the-stove

No comments:

Post a Comment