Friday, October 9, 2015

Bye, Toluca! :(

I'm flying back to Denver today. So sad to be leaving Mexico. The Starkey mission will continue here until next Wednesday and I so wish I could stick around and keep helping. This experience was AMAZING. Everyone at home was saying "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you have to take it!" So I did. But I don't think it's going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity, I think I'll be doing this (or something similar) many more times in my lifetime. this has opened my eyes to how so few people can make such an enormous impact in a short amount of time. I was involved in 4 days of fittings and collectively, with about 15 fitting stations, we helped over 2,000 people. INCREDIBLE. Tani tried to put it in perspective-- at home, by the time I've woken up, eaten breakfast, and gotten to class, the Starkey team has already fit a couple hundred patients that day somewhere in the world. Think about that. I know I will be.




How does one go back to Colorado and the mundanity of studying in grad school after something like this? I just want to up and GO.


No comments:

Post a Comment