Monday, December 28, 2015

Day 1: San Jose, Costa Rica

Costa Rica day 1! Departed from Burlington, VT in blustery, freezy conditions, and so showed up in Costa Rica wearing wool socks, a down jacket, and a warm beanie. Boy, was that interesting. After stripping off any and all possible layers and making it through the airport frenzy, Eliza and I found each other and we boarded a bus to our hotel. 

Low key night over here. Went out to a touristy overpriced restaurant ($19 for rice and veggies? Huh.) for dinner and hunkered down for an early bedtime. We're POOPED. Long day tomorrow-- coffee plantation tour, hiking a volcano, and hot springs maybe?? 

Feels weeeeird and surreal to be out of the country. I missed this feeling of being surrounded by different languages and a culture so different from my own. And the people watching is INCREDIBLE. I've only been in San Jose for a few hours, but I like it. 

Here's the only picture I've taken so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment