Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Eyebrows, Undercuts, and Otis

It's only Tuesday and it's already been a hella weird week. On Sunday afternoon, I received some pretty awful news of an old coworker's death. Not really gonna touch onto the suicide subject because I was hoping to keep things light n' happy here, but Monday was pretty darn rough. And then on a smaller upset-scale, my research proposal was shot down. It was a terrible, terrible morning.

Fortunately/unfortunately, everyone was having a terrible morning. For lots of different reasons. Christine, Brenna and I decided to have a girl's night. Cliche, but yo, it WORKS. Even though we all have unreal amounts of work/studying/stressing to do for grad school. When in doubt, eat candy, drink wine, sing along to Grease, draw on darker eyebrows, give drastic haircuts, and snapchat each other from across the sofa.


We took a make-up trip to Macy's, where the gayest man I've ever seen chose the perfect shade of brown for my eyebrows and then yelled at me for wiping it off with an alcohol-soaked tissue instead of a make-up wipe. Um, hello, beautiful and perfect make-up artist, how was I supposed to know alcohol doesn't go on your eyebrows?! I've never used an eyebrow pencil in my life, give me a break. Better yet, give me a discount. (...He didn't give me one).

It probably looks the same to everyone else, but I see a difference and that's all that matters. 
Today's been much, much better. I woke up at the crack of dawn to get a good workout in before classes, but ended up with an extra half hour. Instead of taking the time to leisurely get ready, I had a burst of inhuman motivation and rearranged all my bedroom furniture. There is nothing quite so satisfying as seeing your bed in a different corner of the room and knowing that you almost popped a vein getting it there. This wooden dorm furniture isn't kidding around. I would've broken toes if I had let it drop the two inches I was able to lift it above the ground.

Here's a big ol' dose of Otis to help you tackle the mid-week blues. Repeat as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment