Monday, September 29, 2014

Ugh, one of THOSE days...

Between stress, extreme PMS, and a regular ol' case of the Mondays, it has been quiiiiiite the day. I listened to everything my body wanted to do and some weird stuff happened.

List of Weird Things I Did Today:

  1. Uncontrollably giggled through most of the morning 
  2. Cried my eyes out for a couple different reasons and also no reason at all
  3. Hated everyone and everything that spoke or moved in my vicinity
  4. Had an epiphany during yoga class and then lost it and cried about it 
  5. Ate EVERYTHING in my path-- granola bars, chicken breasts, chocolate, veggie burgers, mixed nuts, yogurt-- EVERYTHING
  6. Made a trillion flash cards (with a trillion more to go) 
  7. Took two dead-to-the-world naps that I didn't have time for
  8. Alternately plummeting and skyrocketing self confidence, every hour on the hour
Grad school is sort of kicking my butt and my body/mind doesn't quite know how to handle it yet. Figuring it out. Not as fast as I'd like, but getting there. A skype date with ze boyfriend, a cup of tea, and some Alexi Murdoch have stabilized tonight and the prospect of tomorrow is lookin' better and better. 

Why Tomorrow Will Be Better Than Today:
  1. Tuesday is not Monday, so that's a start.
  2. I found Green Mountain coffee at the grocery store today (ON SALE, CAN I GET A HELL YEAH). The smell of home will probably simultaneously make me happy and sobby. The good kind of sobby.
  3. The third year audiology students need a guinea pig to practice vestibular testing on and I'M IT. Vestibular testing checks for functionality of the inner ear systems that control balance, so I'll get dizzy and hopefully not throw up everywhere.
  4. New Girl and the Mindy Project go up online. Commence solo giggle sesh.
  5. I only have 2 classes on Tuesdays, so I can hopefully spend some time catching up with schoolwork. (bleh, but yay, i guess.)

1 comment: