Friday, August 22, 2014

Negative bullshit, sorry I'm a downer

Putting yourself out there is important, but giving yourself a break is important, too. I feel like death today. It may be I caught a cold or something, or it may be the stress of constantly pushing myself out of my comfort zone finally catching up to me. I had another full day planned-- I had signed up for a guided group tour of Greeley and then made coffee plans with a potential new friend, but I had to bail on both. I really try to push through something even if I might not want to go, but there is a point where misery outweighs the benefit of the outing. Today is that day. If I met up with Dav for coffee, I would be a boring, miserable, unsociable schmuck. 

Here's some more negative stuff that just needs to get out of my head and be acknowledged:
  1. Greeley smells like poop. It legitimately smells like absolute crap all the time. And it's not the quaint Vermont manure smell that I sort of like. A family friend went to school here years ago and mentioned the smell, but I didn't think much of it. Now I understand. As soon as you cross the Greeley city line, BAM, POOP SMELL. As soon as you've hit the next town, sweet relief. I think I'll adjust to it eventually. I friggin' hope so. 
  2. I'm trying so hard to be a bar person and I'm just not. I can bar hop for a while and I love to go out dancing, but I hate spending money on drinks, I hate getting hit on by the creepy regulars, I hate sitting in one place for more than a half hour, and I really don't even like being drunk that much. I can handle it all maybe one night a week tops, but to all y'all who go multiple times a week? I'm impressed, but not jealous. Do yo' thang and I'll join you for maybe an hour of it.
  3. The altitude change is giving me problems. I wanna hike and run and bike and not get dizzy or winded immediately. The first night I went out to a bar, I had two drinks over the course of several hours and I was done. Freaks me out not knowing my limits anymore. SO READY TO BE ADJUSTED, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
That's it. At least my negativity list is fairly short. Here's a quick positivity list to balance out:
  1. I've picked up needlepointing and started a cute little section of the bathroom wall to fill with tiny 4-inch embroidery hoop projects with inspirational mantras. It's barfy but, yo, whatever it takes to cheer myself up.
  2. The train tracks right outside my window used to wake me up and annoy me every time a train went by (ALL THE TIME), but now I've gotten accustomed to it and sorta like the train horn. 
  3. uhhh that's it, i'm not feeling very positive today

No comments:

Post a Comment