Wednesday, August 13, 2014

IT'S HAPPENING

Last day at home. Waterworks in 3...2............GO

My mom took the day off to help me pull my shit together for the big day tomorrow. It ended up being a fairly normal day, aside from the intermittent bouts of crying. Something would set one of us off and then it was a domino effect and soon there were tears all around. Truly heart-wrenchingly barfy to witness. My mom and I had breakfast at McCarthy's (214 days until St. Patrick's Day rolls around, just in case you were wondering), made a quick trip to a needlepoint shop for crafting materials, did arts and crafts while watching 2-star Netflix movies, etc etc. It was a great last day.

Both my brother, Ben, and Eliza work at Ben and Jerry's, so naturally, my going-away gift from Ben was Ben & Jerry's gear. Watch out, Colorado, there's going to be a new girl in town and she's going to be wearing tie-dyed cows. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (already got chocolate fudge brownie ice cream stains on my shirt because I'm a champion)


Look how cute these parents are. Ugh, so cute, can't even stand it
Found my favorite cider, Citizen Cider's "The Dirty Mayor" in CAN-form!! Stocked up on that big time. Apparently Citizen's doesn't ship to Colorado yet, so I'm gonna need a new go-to bar drink (open to suggestions, potential new Coloradoian friends! <---how do you say that? Is there an actual word for someone from Colorado? These are the things I need to find out asap, plz help).



Here are my two cents about packing: God bless vacuum seal bags. God bless Linnea for telling me about vacuum seal bags. God bless my parents for having a vacuum because I didn't realize you actually needed a vacuum to get the advertised squish-down effect. God bless University of Northern Colorado for accepting me into grad school even though I can be a real dimwit. These stupid plastic bags are the only reason I haven't (yet?) had a massive packing breakdown. I am cool as a cucumber and confident that I can bring enough clothes to overwhelm my tiny apartment closet/dresser/room in general. It'll feel just like home. Speaking of feeling just like home, most of what I packed is just nesting materials that make me feel like I'm home and in my own space. Wall decor/kitschy baubles everywhere take precedence over kitchenware and toiletries and other crap that is important but not important, you know? 


That long white thing I'm holding is 2 full-sized pillows shrunken into oblivion.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT BECAUSE I CAN'T.
LOOK HOW THIN THAT BAG IS, JUST LOOK.
My trunk, feelin' fat and sassy
...Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment