Tuesday, August 12, 2014

What a Great Escape!

What better way to spend one of my last few days in Vermont than leaving Vermont to go to New York?! LOLOLOL. Yesterday my boyfriend, Jack, and I drove 5ish hours to spend 5ish hours at the Great Escape. WORTH IT.

When the woman at the parking entrance cheerily told us to "have a Great Escape!" we knew it was going to be a good day. We splurged on the fast pass thingies and everything was suddenly manageable. We friggin' RAN the place. Crowds are usually my amusement park downfall. I hate them. HATE THEM. Being in a throng of pushy people who all want what they want when they want it makes me want to punch everything. But since we went in the afternoon on a Monday, the place wasn't too bad. After a small panic attack while strapped into the Boomerang (who can blame me, that thing is a claustrophobic deathtrap before it gets going), things went smoothly. We hit everything on our to-do list-- including the Mega Wedgie, because who can resist a ride with a name like that?!

Jack had the brilliant idea to bring along disposable cameras, so I currently have zero pictures to add to this blog post. But MANNNN there'll be some good ones in a few years when we finally get around to developing them. (Just kidding, we'll do it soon because I've been spoiled with digital cameras and it's killing me not being able to see them immediately.)

(Cheese warning------> ) Said goodbye to Jack this morning, which SUCKED, but I'm glad we got to take a whole day to go do something unusual and rollercoaster-y. :) / :( Next time I see him, we'll be doing something unusual and Colorado-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment