Thursday, August 14, 2014

Vt Bucket List

At the beginning of the summer, I wrote a short list of things I wanted to do or accomplish before I headed west. I managed 16/18, which is nottttt too shabby. I'll do the llama walk (in case you're curious...) and hike Mansfield some other time. I know I'll be back eventually, so no rush. Here's the list in all its crossed-off glory:
  1. Hike Camel's Hump
  2. Hike the Skyline Ridge (sort of-- burned myself out and only made it halfway or so before having to turn around. Crossing it off anyway, fight me.)
  3. Hike Sterling Pond - (bonus-- hiked at sunset and it was MAGICAL)
  4. Kayak across Elmore Lake (bonus-- went at night and there were stars and ahhhhhhhhhhh)
  5. Onion rings from Al's (eh, they were sort of bad)
  6. Fried pickles from Mountain View
  7. Strawberry picking
  8. Run a 10k (couldn't actually fit a race into my schedule, so I just mapped one on my own. That counts, right?)
  9. Do another art show
  10. Visit a brewery (Citizen Cider, VT P&B, Lost Nation, and Switchback. CHECK.)
  11. Balloon fest sunrise launch
  12. ArtsRiot truckstop (Ethan Allen burger from Burger Barn. Mmmmmmmmmfff)
  13. Stargaze in South Hero
  14. Bike the causeway
  15. Maple creemee, duh (might've crossed this one off a few times...)
  16. Hike Elmore again (bonus-- hiked in the dark)
  17. Llama trail walk 
  18. Hike Mansfield
I think I did an okay job at tackling Vermont this summer. Time to move on to some bigger mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment